Charity fair is now opened as part of the campaign “Help Your Neighbor”.
We have recently come across situations when, for example, a woman with two children who has suffered physical abuse by her husband has spent some time in a shelter now wants to start a new life. The municipality is helping her with paying the rent for half a year but there are neither chairs, nor dishes, nor a table in the apartment.
It is quite possible that you have some spare shoes, warm clothes or household equipment that you are no longer using but that could be very valuable to someone else. On the other hand, maybe there is something standing still in your neighbor’s storeroom that could be useful to you.
Oftentimes these needs are quite practical and can be solved with some help of others. For example, a warm jacket, pullover; winter shoes (especially for children); dishes – cups, pots, frying-pans; furniture – beds, chairs, tables; household equipment – teapots, electric stoves, fridges, washing machine.
In order to be able to help each other, please, let us know both what you offer for free and what you would need yourself. You can send your e-mail regarding this to email@example.com In order to make the cooperation easier, please, attach a short description of the item, for example, is it new or used. Indicate the size of clothes and shoes. Everything must be clean and in good condition.
You can contact the person in charge of social issues in the church Olita Karasevska at (+371) 67543044 during workdays from 9 am till 5.30 pm.
THE CAMPAIGN IN DECEMBER, 2009 AND JANUARY, 2010
• SOCIAL HOME (Jurkalnes 7a) – gifts for the needy people without relatives (32 apartments);
• DAY CENTER (Katolu 57) – 70 adults;
• MEZAPARKS BOARDING SCHOOL (mentally handicapped children);
• RIGAS CENTRAL PRISON (2 groups – men and minors in the preliminary investigation unit);
• LARGE FAMILES;
• BERGI ELDERLY HOME;
• IMANTA ELDERLY HOME (70 adults);
• JELGAVA PSYCHONEUROLOGIACL HOSPITAL (children’s unit is visited in a regular basis);
• Youth will minister ON THE STREETS TO THE HOMELESS;
• EVENT IN TUKUMS PEOPLE’S HOUSE;
• We provide support on a regular basis to CHURCH PEOPLE AND THEIR ACQUAINTANCES in hopeless situations by donating food, clothes, and limited financial help;
• in 2010 in cooperation with Riga City council we plan to open a SOUP KITCHEN that will work three times a week.
Every donation will count:
Pastāsti draugiem: Čivināt